Nerves

I'm a stress eater. I admit that failing. Ever since January, I've been living under a massive stress level. Is it any surprise I've gained weight? Sure, it's only 25 pounds, but that's 25 pounds I have to lose again.
 
Am I annoyed with myself? You betcha! I accept the stress has been massive, but I know the rule-- if I don't buy it, I can't eat it. No one put a gun to my head and made me chew. I accept my responsibility.
 
I'm not sure I'll be able to begin dieting immediately. I'm still chewing my inch-long nails waiting to hear whether I got the job or not. I won't be satisfied until the contract and new badge are in my hand. Even then, I am terrified of losing my job at any one point. I like this company, and I really like my supervisors. Jamaal is a walking encyclopedia of knowledge, and Veronica's benevolence is a real blessing to me. It's not often you can say you like and benefit from the leadership of your bosses, but I do. They'll have to pry me out of my position with dynamite. (grin)
 
Well, it's time for me to log on and get to work. I'll be working the carbs out of the pantry again, and I'm going to avoid buying any more if I can help it. Maybe if I gradually cut out the carbs instead of going cold turkey, I won't get grumpy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fw: Cake in a Cup