Bittersweet Hot Chocolate
Makes: 12 (3/4-cup) servings
- 4 cups half-and-half or light cream
- 4 cups milk
- 2 3-inch pieces stick cinnamon
- 1 12-ounce package bittersweet chocolate pieces or two 6-ounce packages bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Marshmallows (optional)
Directions1. In a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, combine half-and-half, milk, and cinnamon sticks. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
2. Remove and discard cinnamon sticks. If necessary, skim "skin" from surface; discard. Stir in chocolate pieces; whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. If desired, float marshmallows on top of individual servings. Makes 12 (3/4-cup) servings.
Note from Lena-- I'd be willing to bet you can substitute any kind of the chocolate bricks. I want to try this with milk chocolate, or for true decadence, white!
- Servings Per Recipe 12 (3/4-cup) servings
- Total Fat (g)21,
- Saturated Fat (g)13,
- Cholesterol (mg)36,
- Sodium (mg)68,
- Carbohydrate (g)23,
- Fiber (g)2,
- Protein (g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet