Easy!! Old Fashioned Apple Spice Cake
I found this on the side of a box of spice cake mix and decided to give it a whirl. Best choice to date to serve at church! It was a big hit. I omitted the walnuts because there are several people in my church with tree nut allergies.
Servings: 12 Squares
1 pkg Duncan Hines Signature Spice Cake Mix
3 large eggs
1 can (21 oz) Comstock More Fruit Apple Pie Filling, chopped
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 container Duncan Hines Creamy Homestyle Classic Vanilla Frosting
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 13x9 pan.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, pie filling, and oil in a large bowl.
3. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for two minutes. Stir in the nuts by hand.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
7. Combine frosting with cinnamon. Spread frosting over the cooled cake. Cut into 12 squares.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10