Physical Distancing vs Social Distancing

Maybe I'm being idealistic, but I do believe there is good in the Covid-19 Isolation. We must all physically distance ourselves, but this does not mean we must be anti-social. Why then do we have SOCIAL media?

I'm getting great ideas on how to socialize without harming others. People putting six-foot chalk circles on their driveway and everyone sits in the center of their circle, getting to know their neighbors. In the picture I saw, each had their own drink cup (probably brought from home, since none matched). What a great way to get to know your neighbors!

I saw a suggestion to put up holiday lights for the cheering aspect. Yep, I'm doing that one this weekend.

My church has embraced technology and installed Zoom so we can have meetings virtually. (Now if I can just remember to attend!)

I want to take walks. My fat butt could use a few miles. LOL!

The point is that physical distance doesn't mean that we must isolate ourselves socially. We just have to get inventive. Who knows? Maybe the front porch could come back into fashion.

I refuse to panic. I refuse to look at this negatively, even as I watch the economic problems develop. I look upon this as an opportunity for the world to come together and reset itself mentally. We must remember to appreciate each other.

As it stands today, they are saying the peak dates for deaths will be in June, July, and August. Wow. I'm one of those at risk. I'm over 60, have sleep apnea, and still obese. I'm losing weight and trying not to stress eat. I'm trying to channel all this nervous energy into good, honest work.

I hope the grocery stores will restock. Once the panic buyers have filled their garages, toilet paper will be available again. The military commissary is already limiting buying to a reasonable amount.

This is early in the pandemic. I remain hopeful and positive, but I hope I am not stupid. I will wash my hands, I will limit exposure. I will do my best to follow advice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again