A Small Reward for Exercise

Happy Day! After a week of exercising with my friend Karen, I've lost 5 pounds. That's not bad for one lousy week.

Because both of us are poor as churchmice, we've chosen walking as our preferred method of exercise. Later, we might add bowling, since we might be able to persuade our husbands to join us for that.

I also got a bit of bad news from the doc. Not terribly bad, since it might help me get on the operating table sooner. My cholesterol is even more elevated than last time. Well, duh! My pulmonary doc, the one that manages my DVT/Coumadin, ordered me not to eat one scrap of green vegetables without permission. No salad, no spinach, broccoli, brussels sprouts, or any veggie I really love. Not even asparagus. How am I supposed to eat low-fat, low-carb without veggies?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land