With friends like this, who needs enemas?

Okay, this is just a rant. We have a family friend. A very dear family friend we owe a lot, including he’s the guy that introduced DH and I so long ago. That gets him lots of brownie points and privileges. But when do points and privileges exceed the bounds of friendship and even good taste?

This friend would be horrified and deny it to the rooftops, but he’s a nag about my weight. Seriously, he can’t have one hour’s conversation with us without mentioning how much better I’d feel if I “just” lost about one hundred pounds or more.

For example, yesterday he stopped by to borrow my husband for an hour for some heavy lifting. Before that hour was out, he said this:

“When you were young and skinny, you were a hottie. Now I can say this because Randy knows I don’t mean anything by it, but you’d be a hottie again still if you’d just lose that extra hundred pounds or so.”

Implication: I’m not young. (No shit, I’m approaching fifty.) but now I’m not a hottie because I’m over 100 pounds over weight. Gee, thanks. Let’s bring my self-esteem into the basement.

At least I’m not the only one. His poor wife lost thirty pounds after a life-threatening illness. He’s nagging on her to go exercise to tuck in all the extra loose skin.

Did I mention this guy has a spare tire?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?