The diary of a fat woman who chose bariatric surgery and discovered that even the most extreme tools don't work unless you change yourself. I laugh at trolls. You can email me at: voiceomt2002@duck.com or leave a comment right here.
Frog-Eyed Salad
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I miss this recipe. The "Frog Eye" part comes from a tiny pasta not available around here. (sniffle) I miss it. The kids, however, think it's a cool recipe since it sounds gross.
This is so easy, I'm so excited! The original recipe had the roast added last, but my crock wants the meat added first. Remember, read your directions. 1. Mix these in a bowl: 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/4 T. onion powder 1/2 T. oregano 1/4 T. dried parsley 1/4 T. sugar (Splenda works just as well) 1/4 t. black pepper 1/4 t. basil Dash thyme Dash celery salt 1 16-oz jar pepperocini peppers, drained and sliced (I removed the stems and whirled them in the food processor with the juice, then added the whole thing to the bowl.) 1 (10.5 oz) can low sodium beef broth 2. Put the beef blade roast, trimmed of excess fat, in the bottom of the crock. 3. Pour the bowlful all over the roast. 4. Turn on the crock pot to Low. Walk away for 6-8 hours. Serve with a stir-fry of zucchini and yellow squash or perhaps Faux-tay-toes. Add a big spinach salad. 4 servings, about 1/4 lb each. 158 calories, 13g carbohydrates. L ena Austin http://www.LenaAustin.com Writing blog: http://depravedduchess.blogsp...
Boy do I love my crock pot, especially for busy days! You will have leftovers from this recipe, so buy a bag of stir fry veggies to have in a couple of days. Don't you just love two meals in one? Notes-- I buy the big jar of already minced garlic. It's a real time-saver! One-half teaspoon equals a clove of garlic done the hard way. Oh, and you are using those cool crock pot liners, right? Ingredients; 6 (or more) chicken thighs 1 small sweet onion, sliced 8 cloves garlic, pressed 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce 1/2 cup white vinegar Remove the skins from the chicken. Place the chicken in the crock pot. In a bowl, combine the onion, garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar. Pour it over the chicken. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours. Remove the bones, let them cool, and toss them in the trash. You can serve the chicken over rice for those non-dieters. Save the leftover chicken and sauce in the fridge for the stir-fry in a couple of days. 220 calories, 7g carbs. The original version of thi...
I'll repeat this on LapBandTalk.com, but I'm guessing my bariatric surgeon, Dr. Michael Baptista, is getting more and more successful. He's moved from his partnership with another doctor and into his own spiffy new office MUCH more conveniently located for me, in Arlington right off 9A and Monument in the Brooks Rehab Building. Now, I'm not saying his former partner was a bad doctor-- not with that many awards-- but I didn't like the other doctor and that's the honest truth. I'm allowed my opinions, and my two experiences with the former partner were unpleasant. Now I feel much freer to help Dr. Baptista with his newer patients! I'm pleased to say Dr. Baptista asked me to start attending the monthly support group so I can provide cheerfulness and inspiration to a group that has recently begun to focus on negativity in his opinion. One subject he mentioned specifically I could help with was the low carb diet. Many have difficulty in going beyond what...
Comments