The Joy of Mushies

Yesterday, I went to see Dr. Baptista for a surgical follow-up visit. My first fill isn't until Feb 5.

I'd been soldiering on despite the growing feeling of true hunger, and I'd begun to wonder if I'd make it until Saturday morning when I'd be allowed to eat soft foods according to the schedule provided by the doctor when I was released from the hospital after surgery.

Dr. Baptista gave me a proverbial pat on the head, very pleased I'd actually lost body fat as opposed to pure water. He also let me know my internal swelling was going down so quickly, he'd understand if I started to feel real hunger and started soft foods very carefully.

Okay, I admit it. I was starving to the point of desperation, so last night I had 1/2 cup of ricotta creme. I followed all the recommended procedures. Within an hour, at last, my hunger was down to a mere whimper instead of a roaring monster.

I've got to be very, very careful. I almost ate too much at lunch, and it's not a very comfortable feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?