Cream of Anything Soup Two Ways!

While waiting for the first of my two surgeries, I'm on a liquid diet. Now, the doc has an interesting definition of "liquid" which includes semi-solids like Greek yogurt, and vegetables processed to a semi-solid state. Not bad at all, when you consider the options include delicious "cream of" soups. I'm a big fan of vegetable soups, so this is not a hardship. Especially when you have these two great options for soup base, in addition to a powdered consomme I found in the international section of my favorite grocery store.

This first one is my favorite for pure flavor! I can even substitute beef broth or vegetable broth, since both are also available. Now that's versatile.

And now for your choice of vegetables and seasonings.


Now think of the mix and match possibilities. Believe it or not, carrots, parsnips, and potatoes go together. Leeks go with onions, or go it alone if you're feeling adventurous. I'm from the deep South, so I know for a fact that I can have my collards and turnip greens anytime before surgery, but I'll have to wait awhile after surgery. If it's stringy like celery, asparagus, or greens, I'll have to be patient and let my stomach heal. Are you excited yet?

Okay, here's the "old school" cream of chicken soup. Yeah, the kind with real chicken in it.

I look forward to hearing from my friends on how they liked the soups and what veggies they chose. What would you mix (or not?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?