Cream of Anything Vegetable Soup or Sauce

This delicious sauce is awesome! I vow to keep this miracle in my pantry for those times when I need a sauce right now. Don't try to read off the picture. Show Crazy Mama some love and go to her site.

http://losingweightalongtheway.blogspot.com/2013/03/how-to-make-cream-of-something-mix-and.html



While it makes a great sauce, it makes an even better "cream of" soup that tops anything you can buy in the store.

Now think of all those bags of frozen vegetables waiting in the freezer at the grocery store to be featured in your soup. Bacon and Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus, Broccoli, and Mushroom just to get the party started with familiar flavors.

I got this chart from my old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook from 1989. It doesn't exist in newer versions of the cookbook that I have.


Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is. I added a little bit of leftover cooked bacon to my cream of Brussels sprouts soup. It should be noted that I used my food processor to chop up my sprouts  before adding them to the soup, just for convenience. I don't believe a knife should be needed when eating soup. I'm just saying.

Grandma's casserole recipes just got a whole lot healthier, didn't they? Who needs all those canned soups with massive salts and preservatives when you can make fresh? Oh, the possibilities!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?