Easy Chicken Pot Pie

This recipe is delicious, fast, easy, and cheap. There's even a version on campbells/com that includes cheese called Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie.

Ingredients:
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 pkg (12 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 egg
1 c. milk (divided ½ cup and ½ cup)
1 c. cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 c. biscuit baking mix

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together the soup, ½ cup of milk, vegetables, and chicken. Pour into the pie plate.
  3. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ½ cup of milk, egg, and baking mix just until it comes together. Spread the batter over the chicken mixture. (The batter is thin, but the idea is to form a crust, not biscuits.)
  4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Serve hot.

Notes:
I use this when I've made chicken or turkey stock, or when I have leftover poultry meat. Since I try to keep all of the ingredients in the house, this is a version of "shelf specials" I keep around for those "disaster nights" when nothing was taken out of the freezer, or I'm too tired to fuss much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?