Borax- The Other Wonder in Your Pantry

A 65 ounce box of 20 Mule Team Borax

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/uses-for-household-borax/  I'm giving this lady full credit!

We all know about baking soda and how many wonderful things it can do, but borax equals or exceeds it. I've made the laundry soap and found it beyond excellent. I've used it to scrub delicate china without removing the artwork, and I knew it could do other things but I was stunned by the advice from a friend to try it for an insect infestation.

Little brown cockroaches had invaded my home from a grocery bag kept a little too long, and bug spray just wasn't doing the job. Not only was it expensive, I was tired of inhaling the poison while I wielded the Raid spray like a weapon. Not the way I want to enjoy my coffee in the morning. I live in Florida, and bugs are a constant issue. We have cockroaches the size of your thumb we term "palmetto bugs" but let's not mince words. They are giant flying cockroaches you have to kill with a hammer. No, I'm not kidding. That's why we love the little anole lizards that live in the Southeast. The little lizards love bugs for dinner. I'd pet the little darlings if I could, but they don't make good pets.

Anyway, my friend Marie L told me of her own woes with a much larger infestation of little brown cockroaches and how she got rid of them with borax! I was stunned when she told me how she bought a couple of boxes (her kitchen is much larger than mine) along with a new refrigerator when the litter pernicious devils had killed the motor in her old one. While her kitchen was in disarray, she sprinkled borax liberally everywhere she found a nest, as well as a few obvious places like under the sink and behind drawers. Before the new fridge was installed, she was liberal in that niche too. No more destroyed motors for her! Boom! No more roaches.

I was skeptical, but willing to give it a go. Why not? I'd tried the poisons and couldn't afford the professionals. A box of borax was cheap in comparison. This morning was the first peaceful cup of coffee I've had in a long time. Wow, what a difference. Are there places where it looks like I've got a bad cocaine habit? Yes. I'll clean those up after I have another cup to ensure my eyeballs are pried open.

Next, I think I'll try that fruit tree trick. Or maybe I'll give the fire ant nest in the side yard a sugar/borax treat. Hehehe...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again