White-- A Fatty's Fashion Faux Pas? No!

MissusSmartyPants

Not a size 6 but wondering if you can wear white pants and pull it off?

This warm weather dilemma haunts many women. Most women are afraid of white pants because they can show every bump and bulge and be more of a fashion faux pas than a fashion "do". Lots of women cling to the color black like a security blanket (it is so slimming, you know) and just can't let go! Afraid to try something beside black pants? You are not alone.

Dear Missus Smarty Pants,
I am a wondering if white pants will make me look even bigger? I am a bit overweight but I would love to wear white pants or shorts. With warmer weather on the way I'd love to know how to wear white and look good. I am a body type D, by the way. Thanks for your help,Sylvia

Dear Sylvia,
This question pops up every spring/summer! White is a great color to wear in the warmer summer months. White is light, bright and contrasts nicely with black and every bright color (lime, fuchsia, royal blue, sunny yellow, etc.).YOU can wear white pants, no matter your size! It's a matter of finding the right white pants for you. The fit and style must be right.Here are some tips to get you looking fabulous in white pants:Look for flat-front styles. NO PLEATS. Keep your style simple. Flat fronts keep you look smooth under all your shirts.Thinner fabrics like linens, silks, rayon-blends should ALWAYS be lined. The best choices for white pants/shorts are thicker fabrics. I like twills and a classic 5-pocket style. The thicker fabrics can give shape and structure to your shape.Look for pants with wider waistbands. A wide waistband of at least one and a half inches and in a firmer fabric helps minimize and hold in a tummy.White pants/shorts with side/slash pockets should be sewn shut. The "poofy" gaping pockets add attention and visual weight to your lower half! Also remove pocket linings that show through. (They bring unwanted attention and you aren't going to use your pockets anyways!)

Choose a boot-cut style to balance out a tummy or larger hip area. This style makes your white pants look ultra-slimming!Last but not least...this is NOT the day to wear your underwear with the little pink flowers!!! DO NOT wear white underwear under white! This outlines your underwear -- not a look you want! Wear underwear as close to your natural skin color that you can find. Consider a Spanx or other brand of panty shaper underneath for the smoothest look.

Wear your white pants with a strong contrasting color (mentioned above). Or, go monochromatic (all white from head-to-toe) then add a colorful chunky necklace (maybe a necklace made out of shells?) to complete your look. Cute colorful summer sandals will complete your on-trend outfit.

Leslie Gonzales AKA MissusSmartyPants helps women by assessing their body types and building personal profiles to help each woman dress her best. Check out her website for more information, http://www.missussmartypants.com/^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I admire Missus Smarty Pants for her fashion good sense, not fashion nonsense. I certainly wouldn't have thought about these tricks! However, I'll disagree with one thing-- if your pants don't fit, that's when the pocket lining shows. I do too use my pockets, so sewing them closed is impractical. How about buying the size of pants you need that fits, so your pocket lining doesn't pop up around your rolls?

Be real, girls! Stop looking like a muffin top and buy the correct size, no matter how much it hurts your vanity. Do you know how tired I am of seeing women's bodies scream, "I'm too fat to fit these pants, and I can barely breathe, but I'll be damned if I admit I'm fat!" Please, if I wanted to see that many rolls and muffin tops, I know where the bakery is.

Roamans.com and WomanWithin.com exist so an overweight woman can shop in the quiet and privacy of her home without having to deal with snotty size-two salesgirls impatiently trying to sell you what you don't want to buy. It's worth the shipping and handling just to avoid the embarrassment and frustration of trying to explain to the size-two salesgirls that it is possible for a person to be fat AND tall, so is there a size 2oT in the store, or do I need to look elsewhere? (frustrated huff of breath) Best of all, I don't have to worry about finding only the ugliest colors left on the rack in the store. I can have lagoon blue tops and pants to match!


I do enjoy the idea of buying skin-colored lingerie. This makes an incredible amount of sense. I'm tired of digging around among the black bras to find the one remaining white bra, or vice-versa. Why not have bras and panties that go with everything, all year long? DUH! I think I'll go buy some dye and see what I can do about ending the white-color-black dilemma by just dying everything nude!

I need to shop anyway. I've lost 50 pounds and NOTHING fits right now! Oh, don't get me started. LOL!
Lena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land