My Bariatric Surgery Wish List

I'm setting my wish list now, even though I have no surgery date as of today, August 26, 2019. These items make sense to me. I gain no props for these links, and no commissions. They were chosen because they were reasonably inexpensive and had features I'll try to point out. 


1. Sport Shaker Bottle --
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1Z6WW6/?coliid=ICYRQPZGNMKKW&colid=1BNJ6DW3D6BG4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This shaker bottle is leakproof, and that alone is a big deal. I've got 3 or 4 shaker bottles that I can't take outside the house because the lid pops off at the least provocation. Their metal balls make enough noise to wake the dead and I prefer to be discreet with my bottle. This bottle above has a plastic ball, and all of it is dishwasher safe. There's even a place to store pills. 

2. Liquid Protein

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1Z6WW6/?coliid=ICYRQPZGNMKKW&colid=1BNJ6DW3D6BG4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

They say that, at least in the beginning, it's difficult to get enough protein. This liquid makes up for the solid protein you can't swallow. This lean source of liquid hydrolyzed protein contains 18g of protein and 18,000mg of collagen per serving, only 72 calories. It’s free of carbs, fats, and sugars, as well as artificial dyes. You can mix it in your protein, favorite beverages, or just drink as-is. Win-win! 

3. Set of 200 1-oz plastic portion cups with lids.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079L1WYPJ/?coliid=I104F59XQGEZA1&colid=1BNJ6DW3D6BG4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

 At first, you eat very little at once, often 1 ounce or less. This allows you to portion out your requirements, as well as set up your daily vitamins in cups labeled as to when you take them. Things are confusing enough! If I had to measure out 1 ounce every time, I'd go mad on a cushioned stool. During the liquid phase, I can set up stacks of Jello "shots" with different flavors. Same goes for puddings, juices, protein powders, yogurts, and cream soups. Later, I can add cottage cheese, that lovely ricotta "ice cream", hummus, mashed fruits, applesauce, Cream of Wheat, oatmeal, grits, mashed veggies, etc. Even tiny 1-oz portions of ground meats! Maybe even fat bombs. Yum! 

Whatever is left (which I doubt there will be) can be made into Jello shots for a party! I don't drink much, and I'll probably drink even less post-surgery, but I do love to make things for my friends. 

4. Make your own ice pops! 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDUDWHH/?coliid=I25MWIMHM91LEJ&colid=1BNJ6DW3D6BG4&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

While I can make my own popsicles, I don't think I'll be able to finish the commercially-available sizes. These tiny tubes (that come with a tiny funnel) seem more what I can handle. I can't wait to try not only popsicles, but yogurt pops, frozen treats made with my protein shakes, even fruit juices. For 125 in a set, I'll be able to experiment quite a bit. These smaller ones will allow me to sip, sip, sip, with pleasure. 

None of these are very expensive, even if I got The Call and was told I had one payday between me and the surgery. 

I've been thrift store shopping, and I've got some small antique china that will serve instead of the kiddie bowls and divided plates. I'm 60, not 6. 

Whew! I think I'm ready. Next up, time to pack the suitcase. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?