No Direct Admit Orders

I just called Riverside Hospital. There's no direct admit orders for me today. I'm so angry I'm shaking. This is required for me to have two days of a heparin drip.

I'm packed. I'm dressed. My CPAP has been cleaned and packed. I took extra days of leave to be there this morning, ready for two days of lab rats turning me into a pin cushion while they monitor my PT/INR, unless the doc also managed to send in the order for two IV's, like I asked.

Four minutes until the doc's office opens. I hope they are ready for this phone call.

Update: I called the office. Miss "M" (no relation to the doc) swears she had this conversation with me, informing me that a direct admit has to be done the day of admittance and when Dr. M gets in, he will call the orders in. Then, Miss M will call me to tell me when I may appear at the hospital.

This doesn't march with any practice I know of. Always before doctors were able to schedule a direct admit many days in advance. I personally think the staff screwed up, realized their mistake, and will have the doc call it in when he gets in.

Not impressed, and I will tell the doc so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?