Fruit Sauce for Everything

 This is one of my kitchen basics, right along with a classic White Sauce. Learning to make this elevates a plain old cheesecake or ice cream to divine. Think how a raspberry sauce would go over plain old pear halves, for instance. This makes keeping a can or two of fruit cocktail in the pantry and a few single-serve cans of orange juice hidden away well worth the trouble. Or better yet, how to elevate plain Greek yogurt to something even Aphrodite might enjoy. Since cheesecake and yogurt qualify as creamy, I am sharing it now. You'll thank me for giving it to you early in the year. 


Please note this sauce is more than just sugar, water, and fruit. It has cornstarch to thicken it and you get to decide how much sugar to use. I personally use a tablespoon of sugar, and sometimes a tablespoon of Splenda, because I have a diabetic in the house. 

Hiding the orange juice is the trickiest part. Single serve bottles and cans do best. Sneak thieves find the stash and drink it all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again