Imbolg Incense by Scott Cunningham

 

Thank you Scott Cunningham. (RIP) This is another Credit Where Credit is Due recipe. I talk about how to dry herbs and such in the Pagan Gardening Series coming up later this month. Yes, you can dry herbs at home. Really. 

I shopped at EarthGifts.com  but if you have your own purveyor of incenses, oils, herbs, etc. please feel free to use them. Gosh knows, the interwebs are just full of possibilities. I have been known to grind my own and I keep a mortar and pestle for just my incenses. No mixing with food, please! 

Scott Cunningham's Book, The Complete Book of Incense, Oils, and Brews is my go-to book for recipes of this nature. I have provided the link to Amazon, but you can purchase this book anywhere you can find it. 

I prefer to make up this incense and keep it in a well-labeled Ziploc baggie. Storage is at a premium around here, and a baggie is just easier to manage. 

I also prefer to keep the special charcoal incense burners to burn it upon. No, not charcoal briquets for the grill, thank you. Those have poisonous fumes and are not made for indoor use. I've provided a link to an example of proper charcoal incense burners on Amazon. I recommend an inflammable, thick bowl, filled with sand, dirt, or salt to insulate your bowl from the heat. There's nothing scarier than having a bowl shatter, believe me! Light one of these, sprinkle on a 1/4 teaspoon of incense powder, and you have what you need. Do be careful and experiment. Some incenses are deliberately strong and designed to "cleanse" a room of everything, including you! Read the instructions. If the recipe says to sprinkle and run, do so! I'm not kidding! 

I'm sure I'll be repeating this warning often, since I make my own incense when I can. Not that buying incense is a bad thing, I'm just picky. Until tomorrow! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again