Imbolg Recipe: Buttermilk Coffee Cake

 


Imbolg has two main "flavors" that I love to enjoy in the middle of winter, after to overindulgence of the holidays. I'm over heavy sweets, especially chocolate. Here comes Imbolg, and the time of first lambing when milks and creams become common. But who has a farm? Not me! Thank goodness for grocery stores. 

Even better, the recipe above has the sharp buttermilk or sour cream flavor. It's in a simple square pan, like a snack cake, making it easy to make and clean up. Best of all, it's served WARM. Yum! Just what you need on a cold evening. 

Hint: There's such a thing as powdered buttermilk I found mine in the baking section of my grocery, but making sour milk is as easy as a spoonful of lemon juice or vinegar in regular old milk. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again