Chicken and Rice Casserole

Chicken and Rice Casserole


I love to cook, but I work forty hours a week. I don't have time to stop off at a farmer's market for the freshest produce, etc. I rely on pre-packaged items to make my evenings as stress-free as possible. Quick meals help to keep us from eating just before we crawl off to bed. When you don't get home before 6 PM, you want to eat ASAP! That's why I rely on the recipes off of bottles, boxes, cans, and jars. The manufacturer's test kitchens have tried it, and they're trying to show off their product in the best possible light. I can, and have, picked up a few boxes and cans and then proceeded to use the recipes on them for my entire week's menus. Give it a try!

This is also a handy trick if you find yourself in possession of an odd ingredient. This jar of chicken gravy had been bought for a recipe, now long forgotten. I normally don't like gravy, but the casserole idea intrigued me enough to give it a try. I had all the ingredients, so why not? It was a cheap hit! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?