Crock Pot Gingerbread

 

Crock Pot Gingerbread


Despite the lengthy list of ingredients, this is a very easy recipe. 
Pre-measure all the ingredients, and have them handy to toss in, once the butter and sugar have been beaten together. They aren't kidding when they tell you to spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Don't neglect this step or think you can get away with a "healthier" oil. 

Notes:

1. If you are using a regular slow cooker, this would be a good time to use a timer so that the three hours of cooking time don't begin until three hours before you want to serve. For instance, if I poured my ingredients into the slow cooker at 8 AM, but I don't want to serve dessert until 7 PM, then I would set the timer to start the slow cooker at 4 PM. Some newer slow cookers now have the timer built in, and that's handy! 

2. Topping with whipped cream and orange peel is mind-blowing. Yes, Cool Whip is fine if that's all you have time for. Don't be ashamed. You made dessert, for gosh sake! 

3. Feel free to suggest sauce alternatives to Cool Whip. I'm thinking of trying a Brandy Hard Sauce. What would you make? 

Source: Rival Brand Crock Pot recipes. 

************************

Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor a licensed food service professional of any kind. I'm a grandmother who loves to cook and loves efficient cooking. Anything I post has been checked out by me, but in no way do I guarantee that my suggestions will work for you. YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) Some links may give the original poster a small commission on products sold via the link. I personally am not an affiliate, nor do I earn commissions on products. The links provided are examples of what's available online. 

Lena Austin

www.fatfrogdiary.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land