Boy do I love my crock pot, especially for busy days! You will have leftovers from this recipe, so buy a bag of stir fry veggies to have in a couple of days. Don't you just love two meals in one? Notes-- I buy the big jar of already minced garlic. It's a real time-saver! One-half teaspoon equals a clove of garlic done the hard way. Oh, and you are using those cool crock pot liners, right? Ingredients; 6 (or more) chicken thighs 1 small sweet onion, sliced 8 cloves garlic, pressed 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce 1/2 cup white vinegar Remove the skins from the chicken. Place the chicken in the crock pot. In a bowl, combine the onion, garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar. Pour it over the chicken. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours. Remove the bones, let them cool, and toss them in the trash. You can serve the chicken over rice for those non-dieters. Save the leftover chicken and sauce in the fridge for the stir-fry in a couple of days. 220 calories, 7g carbs. The original version of thi...
Comments
I was sooooooo impressed with this recipe. EASY too. Most Excellent flavor and the sauce was so tasty my husband was looking for more. I may have to double the sauce part next time just for him. I was a little Freaked out by the Fuax - tay - toes, but I followed the recipe to the letter and I was so surprised at just how good they where. I am going to try them on my kids when they come home. When I took off the processor cover they even smelled like potatoes. OMG ..The texture I had to get used too, the taste is amazing. Both of these are keeper recipes for sure I will be making this one again. I made Tarter tots just in case my husband did not like the Fuax -tay- toes. He LOVED THEM.... It took me less than 30 minutes to make and serve the entire meal. Thank you Lena imaluckydog
Surprise! Even my mom, who is the epitome of Southern Belle, pronounced them delicious. I nearly fainted from shock.
I can't wait to share a soup I just discovered! Slurping good! I'll try to type it up tomorrow before I leave for the weekend.
I control the salt, sugar and fats in my recipes. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for all the quick and easy recipes. imaluckydog kathy