Fall Squash Recipes

 

Fall Squash Recipes



A Southern woman knows what I mean when I say, "It's a Southern Living" recipe! I've made all three of these at one time or another. My personal favorite is the Creamy Butternut Soup. It's easy and soooooo good. It's worth the time to whip the remaining whipped cream into a delightful garnish for extra creaminess. 

Frankly, winter squashes such as acorn squash, Hubbard, and butternut squashes are very similar in sweet orange goodness. Mix and match as your budget and tastes allow. Hubbard squash may need a longer bake time or you can cut it into smaller chunks. Worth it! 

Tip: Butter the squash halves (scooped and seeds removed) before placing face down on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for about 45-60 minutes until the flesh is soft. Use an ice cream scoop or disher scoop to get all the flesh from the skins as soon as it is cool enough to handle. Scoop into a pre-labeled quart freezer bag and freeze until needed. OR use the microwave tip below. 

Sources: Southern Living Magazine, date unknown. 

How to Peel Butternut Squash (Microwave Method) | Taste of Home

************************

Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor a licensed food service professional of any kind. I'm a grandmother who loves to cook and loves efficient cooking. Anything I post has been checked out by me, but in no way do I guarantee that my suggestions will work for you. YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) Some links may give the original poster a small commission on products sold via the link. I personally am not an affiliate, nor do I earn commissions on products. The links provided are examples of what's available online. 

Lena Austin

www.fatfrogdiary.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again