Holiday Stuffed Pork Roast

 

Holiday Stuffed Pork Roast


By now, you're probably sick of turkey and leftovers. Here's an alternative worthy of the holidays. Take the time to make the brown rice at least one hour before you need it. I use the rice function of my Instant Pot. Make sure to toast those slivered almonds and all those delicious stuffing ingredients. I even make my own whole berry cranberry sauce, and it is far superior to the canned. However, if you prefer the jellied cranberry sauce, that's up to you. 

Use the best orange juice you can get. I use the one with pulp, and fresh-squeezed if I'm really into the details. Since you need grated orange peel, you may as well take advantage of the oranges for sale at this time of year. I squeeze them, grate the skins, and then enjoy "cook's privilege" of eating the flesh. Well, except for the sectioned one required for the recipe of course. 

If you're nervous about the stuffing being cooked while rolled in the pork roast, it's perfectly acceptable to cook it in a separate casserole, covered. You can still use a probe thermometer to ensure it reaches the correct temperature for safety. 

Sources

Crystallized or Candied Ginger Recipe (allrecipes.com)

Cranberry Sauce (bhg.com)

************************

Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor a licensed food service professional of any kind. I'm a grandmother who loves to cook and loves efficient cooking. Anything I post has been checked out by me, but in no way do I guarantee that my suggestions will work for you. YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) Some links may give the original poster a small commission on products sold via the link. I personally am not an affiliate, nor do I earn commissions on products. The links provided are examples of what's available online. 

Lena Austin

www.fatfrogdiary.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

Is Humiliation Part of the Treatment?