Drop Cookies Plus Variations

 

Drop Cookies Plus Variations

I'll apologize in advance for the shabbiness of the image. This is one of my stand-by recipes I used when it was 7 PM and one of my daughters "remembered" to tell me she'd volunteered me to make cookies for her class the next day. <Insert panic mode here.> Thank goodness someone gave me one of those red-checked Better Homes and Gardens Cookbooks. I've collected and used those cookbooks most of my adult life. 




Notes:

1. Any meltable candy can work for the Gumdrop Variation. I've used caramels, Rollos, cut up Tootsie Rolls, and smashed Heath Bars in desperation. Save those Jolly Ranchers and Dum-dums from Halloween! They are great smashed to bits with a hammer inside a plastic bag. 

2, Remember the peanut, coconut, pineapple, pecans, and even the raisins may cause allergic reactions if serving to strangers. An allergy check is always a wise move. 

3. Keep a roll or two of parchment paper handy for cookie baking. You can drop the cookie dough straight onto a sheet of parchment paper and keep going, filling parchment after parchment while one paper on a cookie sheet bakes. Then you can slide the paper with the baked cookies on a towel to cool, slide a new paper full of unbaked cookies on the cookie sheet, and stick it back in the oven! I rotate through, sliding freshly baked cookies on their parchment paper on towels with barely a moment wasted. 

4. Scoops make for even dough amounts. Just choose your scoop based on the final product you want from dainty little bites to a cookie worthy of the largest sweet tooth. 

Amazon.com: Cookie Scoop Set, 3Pcs Ice Cream Scoop, Cookie Scoops for Baking Set of 3, 18/8 Stainless Steel Cookie Scooper for Baking, Ice Cream Scooper with Trigger Release, Cookie Dough Scoop with Non-slip Grip: Home & Kitchen

Sources:

Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook 10th Edition, copyright 1989. 

Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor a licensed food service professional of any kind. I'm a grandmother who loves to cook and loves efficient cooking. Anything I post has been checked out by me, but in no way do I guarantee that my suggestions will work for you. YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) Some links may give the original poster a small commission on products sold via the link. I personally don't have an affiliation with Amazon or any other business and don't make commissions. 

Lena Austin

www.fatfrogdiary.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again