Sweet Quick Bread Mix

 

Sweet Quick Bread Mix

Not only does this make a great "shelf special", it's a gift you can give with a few additions and a card. 

 


 

Recipe Notes:  Preheat oven to 325F. To make the bread, use 3-1/2 cups of the mix. Add 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, 1 tsp of vanilla or other flavoring, and enough liquid like juice, milk, or water to moisten. Keep in mind that your add-in like pumpkin, banana or zucchini may also have moisture inherent to the add-in, so you may want to hold off adding liquid until after you've included your add-in. Nuts may be rolled in the powder mix before beginning the recipe to avoid them sinking to the bottom. On average, most sweet breads take about an hour to bake in a standard loaf pan. 

 Personal Notes: As seen in the picture, the possibilities are varied and may be adjusted to fit what's seasonally available. Carrot-Orange loaf in the spring, Zucchini Bread in early summer, Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Spices in the fall, and Cranberry Loaf during the holidays. Yum!  

I've never had the opportunity to freeze one. They don't last in my house long enough to freeze but let me say that I would have been thrilled to get a mason jar of mix with the recipes (mix and how to make the bread) with a wooden spoon for a decorative garnish as a gift when I was a young working wife with two small children and no time for poring over cookbooks. 

 Sources:

 Homemade Pumpkin Spice Recipe (allrecipes.com)

Quick Bread Recipes (allrecipes.com)

Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor a licensed food service professional of any kind. I'm a grandmother who loves to cook and loves efficient cooking. Anything I post has been checked out by me, but in no way do I guarantee that my suggestions will work for you. YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) 

Lena Austin

www.fatfrogdiary.blogspot.com

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again