Hearty Chickpea Soup

I don't need to add anything to this recipe, but I did. I added some cooked cubed pork I had left over from another meal and needed to use up. I started this recipe in the morning. 

This was another one I made in the Instant Pot. I cooked the dried chickpeas on high pressure for 25 minutes, with about 4 cups of water. Most of the water had been absorbed when I did an NPR (natural pressure release.) I drained the rest and set the chickpeas aside. 

I sauteed the onion, garlic and celery in the olive oil in the Instant Pot, then added back the chickpeas, potatoes, tomatoes, water, pork, and spices. I then set the Instant Pot to slow cook, covered without locking pressure, and walked away for a few hours. One hour before I planned to serve, I stirred in the pasta. The aroma was glorious! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again