The Versatility of Wilton Candy Melts

 How do you make yourself look like a star baker when you barely have time to slice and bake those sugar cookies from the store or whip up a mix? Wilton Candy Melts.  No, they are not my sponsor. I'm just lazy. Lazy means I am always seeking the most efficient way to do things. 

How easy is it to do? Just melt the candy and drip or drizzle. Literally, that's it. 





No, really. That's it. The picture above is simply Rice Crispy Treats with a popsicle stick stuck in them, then dipped in melted Candy Melts. Some were sprinkled with candy decorations before the candy hardened. 

You can do the same with brownies, pretzels, or even store-bought cookies. I've stuck a stick in Oreos then dipped them in Candy Melts. Dip plain old slice and bake sugar cookies into Candy Melts and they'll call you a brilliant baker. Drizzle different colors of Candy Melts to make a theme like orange and green for Halloween or red/white/blue for patriotic, and do I really need to mention Christmas? How about a Barbie pink for a little girl's tea party or birthday? (I wouldn't mind pink cookies myself after a trying day.) Did you know there's such a thing as edible glitter? My head spins. 

Go crazy. Your family and friends will appreciate your experiments. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again