Easy Pastel Dessert

 

Easy Pastel Dessert

This recipe comes from the much-maligned Joys of Jello. While those who can afford expensive ingredients or buy their tasteless frozen pies can laugh, I'll have something fun to serve and easy to make with no weird ingredients. These recipes sit happily at the juxtaposition of a little effort, a few common ingredients, and fun. I make it in the morning and spoon the finished product into small jelly jars to cool in the fridge. This trick limits serving sizes to easily managed amounts for those on diets. 


Notes:

This recipe is so easy and versatile, you're only limited by what flavors of Jello gelatin are in the grocery store. However, you cannot change the Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding and Pie Filling in this recipe. You can, however, change out the Dream Whip for a tub of Cool Whip. I do recommend keeping a box of Dream Whip available for those emergency times when the Cool Whip you thought you had suddenly isn't there anymore. 

Sources:

Joys of Jello 6th Edition

Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor a licensed food service professional of any kind. I'm a grandmother who loves to cook and loves efficient cooking. Anything I post has been checked out by me, but in no way do I guarantee that my suggestions will work for you. YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) Some links may give the original poster a small commission on products sold via the link. I personally am not an Amazon affiliate and make no money on any links given.

Lena Austin

www.fatfrogdiary.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again