Ranch Pudding



Ranch Pudding

(4) RANCH PUDDING - This is AMAZING! Cooking the Books - YouTube

Like me, this creator on YouTube loves vintage cooking. I just happen to be old enough to remember some of these recipes from my youth. This recipe happens to be one of them. Why re-invent the wheel when she does it so well with a video? This is a cozy recipe perfect for cool fall evenings. It's not really a pudding as we Americans think of it, but more of the British "pudding" as dessert. 

RANCH PUDDING

2c brown sugar, packed 2.5c water 2T butter 1/2c milk 1.25c Bisquick 1c raisins or chopped dates 1/2c to 1c chopped nuts 1t vanilla Heat oven to 350. Mix in saucepan 1c brown sugar, water, and butter. Boil for 5 minutes. Pour into 8" square pan. Mix in bowl: 1c brown sugar, milk, Bisquick, raisins or dates, nuts, and vanilla. Spoon batter on top of sugar mixture. It will sink into the liquid and spread out as it bakes. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve warm.

Notes:
1. Serve it warm. It's so much better that way.  

Sources (4) Cooking the Books - YouTube- I love this channel. She's smart, fun, and human about her mistakes. She also has some great vintage cookware. Like and --if you're inclined-- subscribe to thank her. 

************************

Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor a licensed food service professional of any kind. I'm a grandmother who loves to cook and loves efficient cooking. Anything I post has been checked out by me, but in no way do I guarantee that my suggestions will work for you. YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) Some links may give the original poster a small commission on products sold via the link. I personally am not an affiliate, nor do I earn commissions on products. The links provided are examples of what's available online. 

Lena Austin

www.fatfrogdiary.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again