Gooey Caramel Apple Bars

Gooey Caramel Apple Bars


Intro: For the church fellowship hour, or feeding the kids after decorating for Halloween, these are great. This recipe yields 2 dozen, so be prepared to share. 

Notes:

1. This recipe hearkens back to Ye Olden Days when many desserts were served as a two-crust "pie" that literally stood on its own. 

2. Cool the 15x10 baking dish thoroughly to allow all that gooey caramel apple filling to soak in and firm up a bit or you'll have a lava-hot gooey mess. This is a safety concern, since many of us have a "Sneaky Pete" who will try to abscond with a cookie without permission. 

Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor a licensed food service professional of any kind. I'm a grandmother who loves to cook and loves efficient cooking. Anything I post has been checked out by me, but in no way do I guarantee that my suggestions will work for you. YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) Some links may give the original poster a small commission on products sold via the link. I personally am not an affiliate, nor do I earn commissions on products. The links provided are examples of what's available online. 

Lena Austin

www.fatfrogdiary.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again