Glorified Broccoli Chicken

Glorified Broccoli Chicken



I don't know how "glorified" this recipe is. I have a tendency to be very wary when I find a vintage recipe with the word, "glorified" in the title. However, for a quick and easy way to elevate chicken parts to something better than simply seasoning them and sticking them in the oven, this is better. 

Notes:

1. Unless you're feeding a particularly starving hoard, save the chicken back and wings for making chicken broth or stock. I also save the drumsticks for the same purpose. A whole broiler-fryer is just too much for my little crew here. Adjust for your family size. 

2. While the can of soup does contain some salt, you are welcome to add seasoning like salt and pepper to your chicken pieces after drizzling on the butter. Go easy on the salt until you're familiar with how the recipe tastes for you. 

3. I have been known to dump two cups of frozen broccoli in with the chicken just before I put the soup over everything. 

4. Alternate addition: Mix the can of soup with about 1/4 cup dry white wine, then pour it over the chicken. Bake as directed. 

Sources: This is again directly from a marketing cookbook pamphlet to highlight Campbell's Cream of Broccoli soup. I happen to like broccoli and Campbell's soups. 

************************

Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor a licensed food service professional of any kind. I'm a grandmother who loves to cook and loves efficient cooking. Anything I post has been checked out by me, but in no way do I guarantee that my suggestions will work for you. YMMV (Your mileage may vary.) Some links may give the original poster a small commission on products sold via the link. I personally am not an affiliate, nor do I earn commissions on products. The links provided are examples of what's available online. 

Lena Austin

www.fatfrogdiary.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Doc has a Spiffy New Office!

The Legend of No Desserts in One-der-Land

The Best Spices-- Never say Low Carb is bland again